» posted on Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 at 10:56 am by admin
The purpose of this game is to have students practicing speaking English words, phrases, or sentences in a game situation.
Rules for Playing the Game:
- Divide students into three equal teams. One or two remaining students can be teacher’s helpers.
- Each team lines up in a row.
- The first student in each team goes to meet with the teacher.
- The teacher passes a message to these three students.
- The messages are one to three words long.
- The students quickly go back to their teams and whisper the message to the next student in the row. The message shouldn’t be heard by other students.
- The message is whispered from one student to next student in the row until reaching the last student
- The last student raises a hand to indicate he or she has received the “message”, but does not say the “message” yet.
- The teacher asks the last student in the three teams to say the “message” aloud.
- The scoring rules are:
- The first team to complete and correctly pass the message scores 3 points
- The second team to complete and correctly pass the message scores 2 points
- The last team to complete and correctly pass the message scores 1 point
- The first student in the team becomes the last student in the row. The second student becomes the first student.
- Repeat the game as time allows.
- Declare the wining team.
Prepare a set of 30 words that start with letters from A to F.